Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Greater Sussex County is always concerned about the safety of its employees in the event of a fire.
Now is a good time for you to review and remind your employees of safety rules. A few simple steps will help identify and reduce risks:
- Assessing your buildings for risks — I’d make that a visual inspection tour
- Reducing clutter and keeping escape routes clear
- Storing flammable chemicals under lock and key
- Locating heat-producing equipment, even coffee-makers, away from flammable material
- Checking building security to prevent possible arson fires
- Enforcing no-smoking or designated area rules
- Checking fire extinguisher service and replacement dates
- Ensuring employees know how to operate extinguishers
- Enforcing rules for the use of spark – and fire-producing equipment
- Checking the operation of fire and smoke alarms
It’s even more important that employees know what to do if a fire does break out. Even if it’s not mandatory, you should have a written emergency action plan that includes details of evacuation routes, location of assembly points, procedures for raising the alarm, and, if appropriate, a written list of individuals and their responsibilities.
As much as everyone loathes them, evacuations should be practiced at least once a year. It’s a good idea to alert employees of an intention to have a practice drill but not to tell them exactly when it will happen.
BE PREPARED! BE SAFE!
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry with over 2180 Franchises
- Highly Trained Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Commercial Fire Damage? Call Us Today – (973) 383-2024
Commercial Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO of Greater Sussex County has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about SERVPRO of Greater Sussex County training and certifications.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Greater Sussex County can respond immediately to your commercial fire damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 2180 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Highland Lakes